Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Specifics: VOKLE

Recently, I subscribed to the Huffington Post online, as many of my PLN were quoting their articles. I also signed up to receive email notifications, and that is how I found out about VOKLE.

While I enjoyed Huffington Post's Washington Bureau Chief, Dan Froomkin's, online live interview of Janine Wedel about her new book, Shadow Elite, I was even more impressed with the web application that they were using for this online event. Vokle has a smooth, crisp picture with a clean interface. The sounds are clear and full. There is a back channel that's easily viewed.

I learned there are some host safeguards for comments. You can see them before they go out, just in case there are any off topic participants. This is important to plan for ahead of time, because it's too late when they are there. I was in an online conference when someone arrived just to make off topic remarks and disrupt the session. It's very unsettling for both host and participants, so this is an excellent control feature.

I plan to use this new web application, VOKLE. How about you?

Other Reviews On VOKLE!

VOKLE Goes Public!

Vokle.com: Live Video Communication

More about Vokle's Free Web Conferencing Service

Vokle.com - Live Unmuted!



No comments: