Seven by mdumlao98
You don't need to know these 7 things about me for two reasons:
1.) If you know me, you have probably already figured these out
2.) Most of these 7 things remain arcane, yet deeply held passions or ideas that I hold.
But that kind of reasoning has never stopped me from attaining a goal before.
Since I was tapped to share in this meme by my wonderful colleague and friend, Anne Mirtschin, from Australia, it seems that I'm wondering: What are 7 things people don't need to know about me? After several false starts, I've listed 7 things and named 7 other colleagues to share this meme.
New Mexico Plains by glennharper
2. Gardening and caring for the environment have been a passion of mine, since I was a toddler. Recently I completed the Master Gardener program offered through our Kansas State Extension service. This is a national model, yet it was offered for gardeners in Neosho County, Kansas where I live. My cohort forms a team who will work to encourage more participation in our southeast Kansas area and complete volunteer public gardening works to give back to the Master Gardener program.
3. As a citizen of present day United States of America, I like to talk about the founding fathers' foresight in organizing our country and establishing traditions that continue to serve us well. Next to the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America and the American Bill of Rights, my favorite American historical documents are the Northwest Ordinance and the Land Ordinance of 1785. The founders used these documents to establish firmly held beliefs about democracy. These laws were the blueprint for the public land survey system. They also helped establish the people's right to public lands for various uses, including government and schools.
4. I enjoy discussing topics that others believe arcane.
5. Besides reading and gardening, collecting is a favorite hobby. Over the years, I have focused on various items, including fossils, minerals, furniture, glassware and other items like stamps. The longest running collections I have are the minerals and fossils. I enjoy leading fieldtrips and have developed several daytrips and week long tours of our region. One of my favorites is the Volcano Tour, while another is the Sun and Stars Tour. One of my favorite fossil hunting sites is in Peru.
6. I appreciate irony and even a sardonic sense of humor at times. I agree with the beloved American humorist, Will Rogers when he said, "Everyone is ignorant, only in different subjects."
7. My Personal/Professional Learning Network continues to encourage me to push my skills to match my abilities, and I need that. I work well in groups. If I could, I would like to meet my colleagues in the World of Matter. They all make me think, cheer me on and push me to see opportunities and possibilities.
Here are several colleagues that I'm selecting to share in the 7 Things You Don't Need to Know About Me meme:
William Chamberlain, aka Mr.C: Thanks! We are all enjoying your contribution to the "7 Things" meme. One colleague especially appreciated that you correlated #6: "I love art, music, video games, movies, and books." with #1: "I have a very short attention span." Personally, I don't see how you can teach and NOT have a wandering attention span!
Dr. Mark Stock
Lori Sheldon who has always wanted to be a teacher. Read this engaging contribution to the "Seven Things Meme".